Director, Process Engineering - West Babylon
Location: West Babylon
Posted on: October 18, 2019
Research and analyze operational activities including business
processes, internal controls, policies and procedures, and internal
reporting. Develop and recommend process improvements for improved
efficiencies and compliance. Create reference materials and train
team members and business partners on processes. As requested, aid
in strategy creation and execution. Areas of support may include
workflow, budgeting and forecasting, workforce reporting, asset
procurement and tracking and progress toward strategic goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research operational activities and processes. Use operational
knowledge to identify improvements in the efficiency and
effectiveness of processes and controls. Develop action plans to
address process improvement areas.
- Lead a team of cross-department personnel (e.g., process
owners, auditors, accountants, business planners, developers) to
gain agreement on process, document procedures, perform testing,
validate findings and summarize observations. Use strong
relationship building, collaboration and consensus-building
- Develop and enhance internal process documentation, including
process flowcharts, risk and control documentation, business
context diagrams, system overviews and management summaries. Ensure
information is accurate and easily understood.
- Identify, analyze, evaluate and implement standardized
processes and procedures in identified areas of the business.
Ensure processes meet or exceed technical and business
requirements. Track and promote productivity and efficiency.
- Oversee documentation development on the recommended use of
tools, including process flows and reporting.
- Perform advanced excel analysis of data from varying data
sources. In collaboration with other data owners, validate data
accuracy and completeness. Validate summary analysis and
- Prepare and deliver presentations on action plans. Audiences
include individual team members up through the executive
- Oversee multiple projects at once.
- Provide summary status updates to Sr. Director Business
Planning, Project Stakeholders and Network Operations
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related
field and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least eight (8) years accounting / finance experience
- Minimum five (5) years management experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in systems processes,
project planning and operational analysis.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Expertise in developing, evaluating and documenting internal
controls and processes
- Strong flowcharting and process documentation skills.
- Advanced Excel data analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems, applications,
and business processes and procedures.
- Deadline-oriented and highly disciplined.
- Can easily and effectively self-manage.
- Ability to make effective presentations, possesses excellent
verbal and written communication skills.
- Interface and communicate with department managers, VPs and
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal
controls to mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal
- Proven mastery of PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel,
Visio, Power Point).
- Strong business systems skills.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of business operations,
including: sales, customer service, billing, collections, field
operations and accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and question assumptions and
find creative and effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly disposition to
effectively collaborate with business unit personnel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Access Database and
- Knowledge of SQL and Macro a plus.
- Five (5) years Telecommunications experience.
- Office environment
Keywords: Spectrum, West Babylon , Director, Process Engineering - West Babylon, Executive , West Babylon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!