Room Service Server
Company: Renaissance Westchester
Location: White Plains
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Highgate Hotels Highgate is a premier real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway
markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's
portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value
exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the
hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity
and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry
leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and
predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the
company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major
hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New
York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location The Renaissance Westchester is
modern, newly renovated hotel that offers a retreat-like setting,
located one hour North of Manhattan. Nestled on 30 acres of scenic
countryside in West Harrison, New York, the hotel offers a
comfortable and relaxing oasis just a short distance from the
hustle and bustle of New York City. The hotel recently completed a
$12 million dollar guestroom, front desk, lobby and restaurant
revitalization project and offers 348 guestrooms (including 7
suites) with plush bedding and upscale amenities. Employment Status
Full-Time Overview The Room Service Server is responsible for
receiving orders, preparing orders and delivering items to
guestrooms in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare station in anticipation of the day's business. Stock
work areas with china, glassware, linen, coffee pots, napkins and
ensure that stock is clean and polished.
- Set-up and deliver all VIP amenities.
- Set-up and deliver all food and beverage orders in accordance
with established guidelines, procedures and policies as prescribed
by Highgate Standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Deliver orders according to established standards.
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom
according to established standards.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve all food and beverage trays
in order to maintain established sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure quality of food & beverage being delivered and
communicate with Manager/Kitchen.
- Prepare and deliver amenities. Replenish as needed.
- Call all guests before delivery of order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials and
up-sell items to guests.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties
according to station rotation assignment, established checklist,
and hotel's operating policies and procedures.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing
end of shift paperwork.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to
ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales. Report all
communications to immediate shift supervisor.
- Perform all cash handling responsibilities in accordance with
Highgate policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounge,
and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an
attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Communicate guest needs to proper department.
- Handle guest's complaints and communicate to management.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. Qualifications
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or related field preferred.
Keywords: Renaissance Westchester, West Babylon , Room Service Server, Hospitality & Tourism , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!